What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a NYSE listed global data analytics powerhouse to recruit a AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer to take a prominent role within the company's consulting team.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful engineer that
- At least 5+ years of professional software development experience and 3+ years as DevOps Engineer or similar skillsets with experience on various CI/CD and configuration management tools e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, AzureDevOps, Spinnaker, Gitlab, TeamCity, AWS Codepipeline, Packer, Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform, or similar CI/CD orchestrator tool(s).
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes, including building Docker files and images, establishing Docker image repositories, and creating, managing, and orchestrating a Kubernetes based infrastructure in cloud or on-prem.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding for use, build, deploy, management and monitoring of Amazon AWS services for SaaS products, including but not limited to VPC, EC2, Containers, S3, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, WAF, HSM/KMS, IAM, RDS, Event Bridge, SNS, SQS, Lambda, Elastic Bean Stalk, Cloud Trail, API Gateways and other Amazon AWS development and management tools.
- Proven ability on at least one programming language and to provide automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
- Wide knowledge in operating system administration, programming languages, cloud platform deployment, and networking protocols
- Must have knowledge on full-stack monitoring capabilities, security testing, detection, and compliance tools.
- Comfortable writing complex scripts/services that pull and manipulate data from heterogeneous data sources, REST APIs, databases, flat files, etc.
- Familiarity with Test Automation tools and frameworks: XUnit, Selenium, Cypress JS, etc.
- Knowledge on cloud-native software architectures and based on microservices, e.g., API management, autoscaling, service discovery, service mesh, service gateways.
- Ability to support database servers like MS-SQL, DynamoDB, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.in cloud or on-prem.
The position is available to be fully "remote" for Spanish residents OR face-to-face in Barcelona.
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the Spain ARE NOT available unfortunately
Remote (must be residing in Spain) based successful candidates can be fully remote with limited or no visits to the office.
- Design, develop and maintain the product's cloud infrastructure architecture, including microservices, as well as developing infrastructure-as-code and automated scripts meant for building or deploying workloads in various environments through CI/CD pipelines.
- Drive analysis, design, and delivery of quality technical solutions, projects in line with product roadmaps, customer expectations, and internal priorities.
- Defining and driving the implementation of strategy for service improvements, automation frameworks, monitoring and DevOps best practices like cloud native architectures, CI/CD and observability throughout the lifecycle of the product/s towards achieving zero-downtime deployment.
- Ownership and accountability of the performance, availability, security, and reliability of the product/s running across public cloud and multiple regions worldwide.
- Keep up with industry best practices, trends, and standards and identifies automation opportunities, designs, and develops automation solutions that improve operations, efficiency, security, and visibility.
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- A start up culture/working environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large NYSE-listed business
- 30 working days of vacation
- Active volunteering community, with 40 paid hours of volunteering time
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards)
- On-site language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Central office location in Barcelona (currently closed due Covid situation) with global and dynamic employee base (more than 20 nationalities)
- Full remote working available (for people residing in Spain)
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - SDO-GCP-786