What we're looking for
Our client, a Series A startup focussed on building an online community-based software to help create engagement for communities and cities, is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will contribute to building and maintaining a high-performance engineering culture. You will be given an environment where you will be challenged yet able to lean on your experience to deliver real, tangible value.
The role is full-time and remote-based in United Kingdom. No visa sponsorships or contract work is available for this position.
Skills and experience
- Ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with testing and debugging.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with working remotely and with a mostly remote team.
- Curious about new technologies and you're driven to find ways to implement them in your work.
- Autonomous, tolerant to a fast-paced / fast-changing environment.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of each network layer and how to work within them all.
- Strong knowledge of AWS and its subsystems.
- Knowledge of Terraform and Tekton.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
How we would like to see the team develop
- Asking 'why' to the business, ensuring collaborative problem-solving.
- Being laser-focused on OKRs and delivering value to our users and customers.
- Speeding up development by creating/suggesting internal tools.
- Better understanding the business itself and integrating more with other teams.
Behaviours we’d like you to demonstrate
- Proactively taking the initiative to help solve technical and business problems.
- Quickly getting to know the whole application infrastructure and confidently advocating creative and efficient solutions.
- Driving the team to work at pace in an evolving startup environment.
- Advocating collaboration between engineering, product, commercial and operations teams.
Compensation and benefits
- £65,000 - £75,000 salary, with a company bonus potential, and an equity component once you’ve settled in.
- Flexible holiday arrangements - we don’t limit how much you take.
- Our culture and policies offer flexibility to help you maintain a work/life balance that suits you.
- 20 days of fully paid sick leave.
- Video therapy sessions through Spill, support positive mental health.
- Fund to support you set a comfortable environment to work from home.
- A tailored learning and development plan and support for professional training.
- A MacBook Pro to work on.
- Screening call x 30 mins (talent team)
- Head of Engineering x 30 mins and a take-home assignment
- Final round - [90 mins] - panel interview
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with the subject title - RK-DOP-777