What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a Singapore-based funded scale up in the F&B tech space and management space to recruit a remote Senior Backend Engineer.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful engineer that loves to ship!
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend merchant, vendor and/or consumer facing products, platforms and features
- Be primarily focused on the frontend of the Client's SaaS products.
- Get to work on your deliverable end-to-end, from the UX to the deployment logic.
- Create, improve and refine workflows and processes for delivering quality software on time and without incurring debt.
- Work closely with the Client's users, product managers, customer support representatives, and account managers to help the business move fast and efficiently through relentless automation.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- Work with your delivery team on raising the company’s technical bar through code reviews, knowledge sharing, lectures, pair programming and much more.
- You have a track record of 5 years on teams that rapidly ship high-quality mobile or web-based software that solves important problems for large numbers of users. Having done this in a startup context is a plus.
- You have experience conducting code reviews, providing constructive and empathetic feedback to other engineers.
- You have great communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
- You are highly accountable and take ownership. We are a startup and we expect every team member to be able to work without constant supervision.
- You are awe-inspiring at NodeJS.
- You have shipped GraphQL-based products before.
- You have worked closely with UI/UX designers and Product Managers before.
- You have been exposed to JS static type checkers (Flow, Typescript)
- You have direct work experience with structuring and migrating databases such as MySQL and Postgres
- You have worked and thrived in a distributed team context before.
- Excellent career progression with huge growth potential
- Flexible working arrangements
- Nurturing and dynamic global team
- Opportunity to put your skills in solving a real environmental problem
The position is available to be fully "remote" OR face-to-face at the client's development centres in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the Singapore ARE NOT available unfortunately
You would be expected to be available to work in Singapore time zone (GMT+8)
Ideal candidates would be residents in Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore or Malaysia.
- Circle CI
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - BEN-NOD-792