What we're looking for
Our client is a leading SaaS company HQ’ed in the UK with development centres in UK, Netherlands and France. They are at the forefront of AI/ML driven e-commerce optimisation and count the leading retailers of the world as their clients.
Our client is looking for a Cloud Engineer.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work with the client’s team leadership to develop and maintain the Cloud SaaS platform, R&D and Ops components for which the team is currently responsible for. You will take part in achieving the client’s vision for cloud platform following infrastructure as code principles and using a modern toolset.
This is a hybrid role at our client’s office in Amsterdam. You would be expected to be in office 2-3 times per week.
This role does not offer visa sponsorships for overseas candidates to relocate to the Netherlands. The client is however open to candidates who already are in the Netherlands on an HSM visa or similar.
What you will bring
- Develop cloud platform components following best practices in cloud and micro-services development and deployment
- Create and maintain automation of infrastructure and continuous integration jobs affected by their work
- Work towards migrating our services to Kubernetes
- Strive to achieve the best quality standards for our cloud platform and services we deploy
- Coach and guide other team members and contribute by knowledge sharing sessions with the immediate and other teams
- Take part in fulfilling the vision and roadmap of our cloud platform
- Collaborate with other functional teams
Qualifications and experience
- Proficient in infrastructure as code development standards, processes and tooling
- Experience in cloud-based solutions and system administration
- Good knowledge in at least one relevant programming/scripting language
- Proven expertise in modern technologies, platforms and frameworks
- Up to date modern technologies used in cloud platform and micro-services development
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Excellent career opportunities, in our fast-paced, growing organisation - the client will support you in your journey towards your next career move
- 25 days paid vacation, plus a day off for your birthday
- Make It Happen Day - a day off to do something meaningful for your personal or professional development, in celebration of one of our key values
- 2 paid volunteering/charity days per year
- Amazing office where we value a great working environment
- Tech and equipment of your choice
- Loads of communities to join within the company
- Walk and talks, we encourage fresh air!
- Regular meet ups and socials
- Recognition and reward
- Jenkins / Gitlab CI / Github
- Q+A cultural fit [30 minutes]
- Tech assessment + Review [2 + 1 hours]
- Call with Engineering Manager/CTO [optional - 30 mins]
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - SCE-AWS-280