What we're looking for
Our client is a well-funded German startup in the asset finance space. The client’s development office is in Frankfurt and is backed by one of the largest leasing/financing companies in Europe.
The client is looking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer [€75K - €90K] for their product engineering division.
As a Cloud / Systems Engineer you will be a part of the Infrastructure team and you build and continuously maintain the technical foundation of a startup:
- As a Cloud / Systems Engineer you will provide the backbone services for the client’s Product Engineering division, by implementing the cloud infrastructure and automating workflows
- You will help the Principal Systems Engineer, to design and implement a “best-in-class" Cloud Infrastructure
- You will support the team in its mission as Quality-Keeper of the software development workflows by defining quality KPIs, which measure the reliability, testability, and availability of the software products of the development teams.
- You will design together with the development teams the necessary quality metrics so that the division can realise its Continuous Deployment Mission and DevOps doesn't stay just "in theory"
- You will automate the provisioning of the Cloud Infrastructure in such a way so that most things work "in the click of a button"
- You will develop further and maintain the various DevOps tools of the organisation
- You will take active part in the discussions with the Software- / Data- Engineers und Data Scientists, to understand their needs but also to transport your ideas around the DevOps way of working
No employment/sponsorship visa is available for this opportunity.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics or another quantitative field
- Very good knowledge in operations and monitoring of application and cloud services
- Proven track record in the automation of infrastructure services with Infrastructure as a Code Tools like Terraform (preferably), Ansible and Puppet
- Experience in supporting systems related to our Tech-Stack: Java, Python, Anaconda, React, Apache Spark, Webservers, SQL-Databases, GitHub, Linux
- A thorough understanding of Software-Development-Quality processes and Cybersecurity
- A good working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Desirables include experience in the operations of cloud-native applications and cloud services (Azure)
- You have good analytical skills and you can split a complex problem down to its individual parts
- Team work is not alien to you and you like working together with highly-skilled engineers and scientists
- You implement new ideas independently and show perseverance when it comes to defending agreed concepts
- You bring perseverance and constructive assertiveness
- You can speak English fluently and ideally have basic conversations in German
- Screening call with CTO [30 mins - video call]
- Technical interview [90 minutes]
- Culture interview [30 mins]
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - SDO-AZD-978