What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a Netherlands-based global financial high frequency trading powerhouse to recruit a Data Platform System Engineer. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans.
The position is available to be face-to-face at the client's development centre in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Visa sponsorship is available for the right candidate with a relocation package.
The ideal candidate should have work experience in systems and data engineering, preferably with prior exposure to financial markets and with proven working knowledge in the fields of Linux administration, orchestration and automation tools, systems hardware architecture as well as storage, data protection and virtualisation technologies.
As part of the infrastructure team, you will have the opportunity to interact and work closely with other systems and network engineers, traders, developers, and technology vendors. You thrive on working in a high pace environment and on collaborating in cross-functional teams. The ability to clearly communicate - both verbally and written - technical concepts and challenges to both technical and non-technical stakeholders is necessary.
The role comes with lots of flexibility and space for personal development and presents a fantastic opportunity for those who aspire to learning new technical skills and widening their field of expertise. If you are enthusiastic about innovative technologies, proactive in your way of working, possess get-it-done attitude and feel comfortable taking ownership, we would like to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Continuously improve and maintain our low latency Linux based trading and backend environment
- Manage and monitor all our distributed systems and big data solutions.
- Heavy focus on systems automation, and CI/CD so we can deploy everything – hardware, software, solutions – rapidly and repeatable
- Keep up with the latest technology trends in the industry; propose, evaluate, and implement innovative solutions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Advanced knowledge of Linux system administration and Linux internals; including services, networking, and file systems
- Advanced experience deploying, supporting, and administering Hadoop, Kafka, and Scylla/Cassandra
- Experience deploying, testing, and administrating Kubernetes clusters.
- Advanced experience with automated provisioning and systems configuration management
- Solid python and shell scripting skills
- Experience using code versioning tools and CI tools (Git/TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Demonstrated talent for solving problems proactively and creatively, result oriented
- Fast learner and excellent trouble-shooter
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability – must feel comfortable in a dynamic working environment
- Proven working experience with distributed, multi-tiered and high-performance storage technologies
- Analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets is desirable
- Python/Go/Bash Scripting
- CI/CD - Proprietary - but similar to other CI/CD tools
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - DAT-HAD-800