What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based funded start-up in the paid media bidding and management space to recruit a remote DevOps Engineer. This innovative, profitable hyperscale up has rapidly grown in the past 3 years to 80+ people and is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful entrepreneurs.
The position is available to be fully "remote". For the purposes of collaboration, successful candidates are expected to work in the CET time zone.
As a DevOps Engineer at the client you will be contributing towards building and maintaining highly reliable infrastructure. Through the heavy use of cloud providers such as AWS, GCP and IaC best practices.
Typical Day to Day Activities
Starting off the day you would normally have in mind what you want to achieve that day. The client’s engineering culture promotes 3 modes of operation i.e. Specifying, Building and Shipping.
Everything else that adds no value is ruthlessly stripped away e.g. meetings are kept to a minimum and on call standups we don't do.
Rather you post your goals everyday and you can also view everyone else's goals and provide input if you feel you have something to contribute and vice versa.
If you are speccing out work you might use our forum to raise some thoughts, or you might be on a project steering call to gather some direction. In any case, you’re in the driving seat and with help at hand you’ll soon have a clear idea of what needs to be done.
Some Common tasks:
- Network, security and access control design and implementation
- Deep diving into an AWS service and understanding how to Terraform it, what's possible and what's not, are there any trade offs? Is the service worth the effort, alternatives?
- Optimizing infrastructure configuration to increase throughput
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and workflows
- Sharding infrastructure components to allow for horizontal scaling
- Working closely with stakeholders across the business to understand their needs
- Being mindful of costs, always seeking to minimise cost and maximise benefit
- Write minimal yet meaningful documentation
- Mentoring other engineers in your area of expertise or projects you worked on previously
- Build out observability tooling and alerting
- Ensure we log and handle incidents mindfully, gather learnings and be better going forward
- Upholding best practises and refactoring our IaC to ensure we remain lean and agile
Preferred Tooling Experience
- Apache Airflow 2.0
- Technical Challenge to be completed
- Technical Interview Video Call (2h Time boxed)
- Technical challenge discussion
- Technical knowledge discussion
- Organisational fit discussion
- Decision usually within 1-2 days after Interview Day
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- 20 days holiday + 8 UK Bank Holidays
- Company Wide Weekend Breaks
- Budget to spend on training and development
- Remote & Flexible Working
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - SDO-AWS-980