What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based funded start-up in the paid media bidding and management space to recruit a remote DevOps Engineer. This innovative, profitable hyperscale up has rapidly grown in the past 3 years to 80+ people and is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful entrepreneurs.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented DevOps to take a prominent role within the company's product development team for this hyperscale-up.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful engineer that loves to ship!
- You have 3-5 years of DevOps experience and have worked confidently within teams delivering python-based data driven systems.
- You are comfortable in the operations world (networking, DNS, security, Linux, IP stack etc) and can work with cloud technologies such as AWS/GCP and Terraform.
- You have an eye for detail and are not afraid to delve deeper into systematic processes to understand how something is working.
- You take pride in delivering reliability whilst valuing your time, always striving to eliminate waste.
- You can give and take in discussions and make tactical decisions to reduce risk when delivering functionality, which is the primary measure of progress.
The position is available to be fully "remote" OR face-to-face at the client's development centre in Leeds, UK
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the UK ARE NOT available unfortunately
Non-UK based Successful candidates would be required to work +/- 2 hours of the UK time zone for optimal team communication and availability.
Remote-based successful candidates can be fully remote with no or optional visits to the Leeds headquarters.
- Work closely with the client's engineering team to identify, conceptualise, design and deliver code and infrastructural enhancements to the client's platform.
- Ensure the platform continues to operate in a reliable manner for external customers and internal business users.
- Diagnosing and resolving incoming issues whilst also focusing on how to eliminate any waste.
- Support the development teams
- Using your experience to help the client further shape, build out the tooling, and processes needed to ensure a healthy and thriving SRE function.
- Setup and own roll outs, deployments to customers
- Work collaboratively with software engineering teams to deploy and operate the client's systems in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Manage your time and your resources within a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Apache Airflow 2.0
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- The client doesn't follow any specific development methodology per say, and they pick and choose the parts from many methodologies that work for them - resulting in a highly lean environment.
- The client doesn't waste time doing anything that adds little or no value, they don't do “stand-ups” yet have many detailed and focused discussions throughout the day.
- The client has adopted the concept of "power hours" allowing focused time on your work.
- Focus on training and development.
- Minimal bureaucracy, autonomy and true flexible working.
- Company events for networking
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - SDO-AWS-780