What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a Singapore-based funded scale up in the F&B tech space and management space to recruit a remote DevOps Engineer.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented DevOps Engineer to take a prominent role within the company's product development team. You will be working in an Agile and test-driven environment, given the autonomy to decide the best way to design, ship and support the system. You will use the best tools for the job and follow industry best practices to ship a product that is truly valuable to the client's users and partners.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful engineer that loves to ship!
- You have a strong python background (2-4 years) and have worked confidently within teams delivering data driven systems.
- Design, develop, deliver and support the client's development tools and infrastructure with various tools like in Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI and more.
- Work closely with the Solution Architect, Data Scientists, ML Engineer to build a state-of-the-art and highly scalable architecture
- Testing and examing code written by the engineering team and analyzing their results in ensuring the team ships only high quality codes
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identify technical problems, developing and refining processes through software updates and fixes
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure that development follows the established processes created by you.
You will do it by
- Being part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your team’s goals.
- Efficiently prioritizing your work with the team and its product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
- Experimenting, testing, trying, failing, succeeding and learning incessantly.
Your first week
- You will build and run the Client's app on your development environment
- You will get to know your teammates and join our delivery rituals
- You will ship your first small fix to improve our processes so the product can be ship to thousands of users without issue
Your first month
- You will ship a meaningful change to an existing feature
- You will review your team’s PRs and suggest improvements
- You will ship code part of a new feature release from your team
Your first six months
- You will start mentoring more junior engineers based on all you’ve learned so far
- You will design, deliver and own an entire processs of our infrastructure
- You will determine and decide upon the technical direction of the client with your team
- You have a track record of 3 years with engineering teams that rapidly ship high-quality mobile or web-based software that solves important problems for large numbers of users, focusing on the area of DevOps. Having done this in a startup context is a plus.
- You are excellent and strong in Computer Science fundamentals and have great competencies in algorithms and data structures
- You have up-to-date knowledge of modern programming paradigm
- You have experience conducting code reviews, providing constructive and empathetic feedback to other engineers.
- You have great communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
- You are highly accountable and take ownership. We are a startup and we expect every team member to be able to work without constant supervision.
Bonus points for:
- You are awe-inspiring at either AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CircleCI or any similar technologies
- You have worked and thrived in a distributed team context before.
- Excellent career progression with huge growth potential
- Flexible working arrangements
- Nurturing and dynamic global team
- Opportunity to put your skills in solving a real environmental problem
The position is available to be fully "remote" OR face-to-face at the client's development centres in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the Singapore ARE NOT available unfortunately
You would be expected to be available to work in Singapore time zone (GMT+8)
Ideal candidates would be residents in Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore or Malaysia.
- Circle CI
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - SDO-AWS-790