What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based well-funded (Series B) and fast-growing travel curation enterprise to recruit a Frontend Engineer - Platform UI. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans to double engineering headcount to triple digits. The company is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful VC firms.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented Frontend engineer to take a prominent role within the company's development team.
The client uses React, TypeScript and GraphQL across web & mobile. They use Next.js for their web applications, React Native on mobile, and federated Apollo GraphQL for data fetching. The client's design system is built on styled-components, with Storybook powering the development our shared component library.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful engineer who loves to ship!
- Working with the Platform team, create and execute a backlog of improvements to the client's privately published packages workflow which will improve developer experience and velocity working on the design system
- Collaborate with principals and product engineers and design on rolling out a major update to our design system and shared component library safely and consistently
- Optimise the configuration and deployment of our Next.js applications with a focus on performance
- Working with a QA consultant, streamline our E2E testing pipeline and support establishing a testing pyramid
- Support product engineers by maintaining frontend tooling and infrastructure
- Improve performance and observability across our web & native applications
- Ensure our UI component library is reliable, scalable and accessible, and evolve it further
- Shape complex problems into elegant components and abstractions
- Collaborate with the client's Principal Engineers to build a vision of how our process & tooling should evolve over time, bringing new & innovative practices that enable our teams to build and ship safely and independently
- Develop internal tooling for improving developer experience, focusing on discovery and observability
- Be an advocate for best practices to our product teams & frontend community
The position is available to be fully "remote" for UK based candidates OR face-to-face at the client's development centre in South East London, UK
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the UK ARE NOT available unfortunately
UK remote-based successful candidates can be fully remote with limited travel (company sponsored outings/activities)
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- The client is results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
- Stock options
- Flexible schedule
- Office gym
- Work from home option
- 3-months paid paternity/maternity leave
- Business travel insurance
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Business phone use re-imbursement
- UK Pension - the client offers the statutory entitlement (5% contribution on your side, 3% on the client's side).
- Through 3rd party providers, any parents of children under 5 can access the client's Workplace Nursery scheme, which works through salary sacrifice. You can choose any approved nursery. If your monthly nursery fees are £1,000 you can save around £4,200 per year.
- Cycle scheme benefits - The client is part of Cycle scheme, which is an employee benefit that saves you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. You choose a package, hire it for an agreed length of time, then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. You pay nothing upfront and the payments are taken tax-free, monthly, efficiently from your salary. Permanent employees are eligible for this benefit after 3 months. You are allowed to claim up to £1,500 for this benefit.
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - FEN-JS-786