What we're looking for
Our client, a reputed digital transformation consulting company with a pan European presence is in rapid growth mode and looking for high calibre, deeply experienced, hands-on DevOps engineers who seek to be recognized as platform technology leaders growing our practice.
What will you be doing?
- Consultative Engineering – Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and across the lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You will be able to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
- Collaborative Solutioning – We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
Who do we need?
Senior DevOps engineers experienced in cloud adoption and migration, with excellent comprehension of modern engineering from toolsets to methods, practices to technologies.
Ideally, you have:
- Deep experience with Google Cloud Platform - the architecture around GCP, how to implement GCP, how to migrate to GCP - these are all areas we are looking for you to demonstrate expertise
- High level and deep technical experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment, particularly Jenkins, Travis and/or CircleCI
- Uses testing as a baseline practice: TDD, BDD, integration, E2E
- Understands the challenges presented by cloud adoption and migration in both enterprise and green field contexts; how to build cloud native applications scratch and how to tackle monolithic system estates through the introduction of API’s, microservices and gateways
- Hands on practitioners with the ability to demonstrate and communicate at all levels bringing complex technological issues into perspective for specialists and laymen alike, enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better solutions though better software. Performs and accepts regular code reviews.
- Deep experience with DevOps architecture and implementation
- Understanding of containers with heavy experience in at least one or more of: Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Some experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Understanding of high-availability, disaster-recovery, monitoring and logging at scale
- Deep hands-on Java (plus Spring framework) and/or C#/.NET. Python and/or Node.js nice to have.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
How to Apply
Send your CV in Microsoft Word or PDF with subject line "DE-2711" to email@example.com