What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a NYSE listed global data analytics powerhouse to recruit a Google Cloud DevOps Engineer.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented Google Cloud DevOps Engineer to take a prominent role within the company's consulting team.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful engineer that
- is naturally inquisitive, open to working with a wide variety of systems and technologies;
- has the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and experts;
- takes pride in working until the successful completion of a project;
- enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise;
- has the knowledge to upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design;
- pays attention to details and develops a result driven approach;
- is rigorous, methodical, proactive and trustworthy;
- is fluent in English.
- has 4+ years of professional experience as DevOps engineer
- Minimum 2 years of experience in implementing, operating & managing Kubernetes clusters as well as CI/CD automation tools;
- knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, GCP);
- knowledge of Continuous Integration tools and techniques;
- knowledge of MySQL administration;
- Linux administration skills, including shell scripting
The position is available to be fully "remote" for Spanish residents OR face-to-face in Barcelona.
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the Spain ARE NOT available unfortunately
Remote (must be residing in Spain) based successful candidates can be fully remote with limited or no visits to the office.
- Design, develop & test new capabilities and maintain existing framework for continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD) and hosting of SaaS solutions;
- Apply cloud computing skills to provision, configure and maintain reliable, performant and secure infrastructure and platform components of our SaaS solutions;
- Troubleshoot production incidents with the development team and coordinate to streamline resolution delivery;
- Collaborate with team members to improve and optimize the company's computing architecture, systems' configuration and engineering policies, processes and guidelines;
- Maintain and improve our stack based on Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Cloud SQL, Elastic Search and more.
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure and platform at scale (aiming for 100% automation in DevOps and CI/CD processes), and write playbooks when automation is not the most pragmatic solution
- You will enforce security best practices that are compliant with industry recommendations;
- You will work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from scratch;
- You will continuously explore new technologies that will make automation and scale a reality.
- Google Cloud (GCP)
- Cloud SQL
- Elastic Search
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- A start up culture/working environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large NYSE-listed business
- 30 working days of vacation
- Active volunteering community, with 40 paid hours of volunteering time
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards)
- On-site language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Central office location in Barcelona (currently closed due Covid situation) with global and dynamic employee base (more than 20 nationalities)
- Full remote working available (for people residing in Spain)
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - SDO-GCP-786