What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a Greece-based funded app in the tech-enabled home services market to recruit a DevOps Engineer. The client has presence in Greece and Cyprus and now expanding rapidly to Portugal and Ireland.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented DevOps to take a prominent role within the company's product development team.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful system admin who is interested in the DevOps mindset.
- Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
- Be responsible for client's systems uptime
- Make monitoring and alerting improvements on symptoms and not on outages.
- Run client's infrastructure with code
- Install systems to prevent outages from happening
- Maintain and monitor our CI/CD pipeline
- Monitor the application’s stability and analyse performance metrics
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow the application to scale and support thousands of concurrent users
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Plan the growth of our infrastructure
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible
- Make infrastructure management even more boring...
The position is available to be fully "remote"
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the EU/Greece ARE NOT available unfortunately
Successful candidates would be required to work +/- 2 hours of the EET (Eastern European) time zone for optimal team communication and availability.
- Bachelor's Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure, preferably Debian based
- 2 years of hands-on experience at least in one scripting language, preferably python
- 2 years of hands-on experience with Ansible
- 1 year of hands-on experience with Postgres DB management
- 1 year of experience with any CI/CD system, preferably Gitlab CI
- 1 year of experience with Docker or any other container system
And you will also
- Be a self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
- Be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and technologies
- Think analytically and methodically with attention to detail
- Refactor problematic, incomplete parts and constantly improve our codebase
- Read, understand & debug code
- Follow coding standards and apply good practices
- Deliver testable, efficient, reusable, high quality and easy to read code
- Some hands-on experience with Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with ELK stack
- Experience with GitLab administration
- Knowledge around cloud networking
- Familiarity with AWS and Digital Ocean cloud providers
Projects you could work on:
- Establish the usage of infrastructure as code
- Install monitoring and alerting systems
- Moving client's infrastructure from Digital Ocean to AWS
- Stabilising client's local and staging environments to assist development
- Architecting our infrastructure to have capacity for a global expansion
The client's core belief and reason for existence is the care and attention they show to their users, their community and employees.
- You will feel the thrill of owning a business and marvel just a few weeks later at what you have achieved
- Impact the lives of millions of customers and of the professionals we partner with
- Being a part of an international team of domain experts in all functions
- Group Private Health Insurance
- Yearly allowance for the client's product services
- Yearly allowance for personal development courses
- Workstation of your choice
- A bespoke development plan that will allow you to utilise your potential and grow quickly
- The pleasure of being part of a high-performance team that works hard but has plenty of fun in the process
- Apache Airflow 2.0
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - JDO-AWS-794