What we're looking for
We have been tasked by one of the world's largest Berlin-based social search business to recruit a remote Lead Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/x). This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to take a prominent role within the company's product development team and help meaningfully change how healthcare works.
The Lead SRE shall have expertise in container orchestration and resilience engineering practices to join my client remotely or in their Berlin office. The client is growing fast and need support in their mission to enable a frictionless scalable development organization.
The position is available as a remote or in-person option. In case of "remote", limited travel may be required to Berlin for team meetings/activities.
Visa sponsorship can be considered for the right candidate.
- Design, advise, and implement SRE best practices.
- Architect, deploy, and manage critical cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate closely with the Tech PM of the team and translate business requirements into technical ones.
- Improve the incident handling processes.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to your teammates.
- Steer the technical roadmap for the team and innovate within the infrastructure domain on behalf of your customers (product and platform teams).
- Assist with designing and performing chaos/destructive testing, related analysis, and provide feedback to all stakeholders.
- 5-7 years experience in SRE/DevOps
- Experience of setting up and supporting SRE teams' vision and strategy.
- SRE experience developing or running large scale online services, including the monitoring of applications, and increasing observability.
- Participation in incident management.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to speak the language of stakeholders from different areas (e.g., product, tech, compliance, and security).
- Understanding the value of a “service ownership” culture.
- Experience in supporting or mentoring other developers with running services reliably in production.
- Kubernetes (or equivalent)
- Terraform (or equivalent)
- First call with internal recruiting team (30-45min)
- Short assignment you can do in your own time (60-120min) - technical assignment
- Non-technical interview with hiring manager (60min)
- Technical interview with the Platform team (30min)
- Pair programming session and presentation (120min) - preferably the same day as the technical interview Will pair up with a team member on the same assignment and talk about IaC, scripting and config management.
- The client offers you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no meeting days, remote work options).
- The client's team includes members from more than 25 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents non-traditional backgrounds.
- The client will help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc.
- The client supports your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, €2000 development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc.
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - SRE-AWS-779