What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a Netherlands-based global financial high frequency trading powerhouse to recruit a Senior Linux Engineer. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans.
The position is available to be face-to-face at the client's development centre in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Visa sponsorship is available for the right candidate with a relocation package.
The role of a Trading Engineer is a critical role at the heart of the client's low latency environment to execute their trading strategies.
As a Trading Engineer, you and your team work closely with the client's traders. Making sure that this team can release daily in a safe and controlled manner is a crucial part of the role as well as ensuring high availability, stability and performance.
You will be troubleshooting along the way but more importantly, you will solve the root cause of problems in a structural way. This often involves creating new solutions using the latest open source technologies and implementing them.
Besides working closely with traders you will also engage with a wide range of technologists such as developers, systems engineers, network engineers and performance engineers. This role is an excellent place to start a career at the client as you get exposure to many parts of their business and can make a significant impact! Things you do:
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues as well as create sustainable solutions to help eliminate downtime, thereby ensuring high availability and performance of the client's trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to the client's trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations and quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with focus teams to create innovative solutions and finally implement those solutions to enhance our systems and processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have at least 3 years of work experience and are looking for a place where you can grow
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You love to problem solve and troubleshoot. You have a passion for technology. You enjoy dynamic “client-facing” roles.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Linux operating system
- Strong command of bash and/or Python scripting
- Experience with database querying
- Experience with Kubernetes is considered a big plus
- Experience with several ways to deploy Java applications as well as a good understanding of JVM is considered a big plus
- You are interested in learning about trading as well as continually improving your technical abilities
- Python/Go/Bash Scripting
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - SLE-LIN-815