What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based well-funded (Series B) and fast-growing travel curation enterprise to recruit a Middle DevOps Engineer. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans to double engineering headcount to triple digits. The company is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful VC firms.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented backend software engineer with interest in DevOps to take a prominent role within the company's development team.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful software engineer with DevOps - Docker, AWS exposure.
- You have 2-4 years of backend software engineering experience in Python and GraphQL and have worked confidently within teams.
- You are comfortable in the operations world (networking, DNS, security, Linux, IP stack etc) and can work with cloud technologies such as AWS and Docker
- You have an eye for detail and are not afraid to delve deeper into systematic processes to understand how something is working.
- You take pride in delivering reliability whilst valuing your time, always striving to eliminate waste.
- You can give and take in discussions and make tactical decisions to reduce risk when delivering functionality, which is the primary measure of progress.
The position is available to be fully "remote" for UK based candidates OR face-to-face at the client's development centre in South East London, UK
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the UK ARE NOT available unfortunately
UK remote-based successful candidates can be fully remote with limited travel (company sponsored outings/activities)
- Build an operational and production-focused culture by increasing the teams' focus on observability, resilience and proactive problem solving through education, process and tooling.
- Collaborate with the client's senior engineers to build a vision of how their process & tooling should evolve over time, bringing new & innovative practices that enable their teams to ship safely and independently.
- Support data engineering team to build and improve their data pipelines and warehouse.
- Manage the backlog & planning of the DevOps function within the Platform Engineering team and mentor more junior members of that team.
- Graph QL (nice to have)
- Python - Strong programming/scripting skills
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- The client is results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
- Stock options
- Flexible schedule
- Office gym
- Work from home option
- 3-months paid paternity/maternity leave
- Business travel insurance
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Business phone use re-imbursement
- UK Pension - the client offers the statutory entitlement (5% contribution on your side, 3% on the client's side).
- Through 3rd party providers, any parents of children under 5 can access the client's Workplace Nursery scheme, which works through salary sacrifice. You can choose any approved nursery. If your monthly nursery fees are £1,000 you can save around £4,200 per year.
- Cycle scheme benefits - The client is part of Cycle scheme, which is an employee benefit that saves you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. You choose a package, hire it for an agreed length of time, then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. You pay nothing upfront and the payments are taken tax-free, monthly, efficiently from your salary. Permanent employees are eligible for this benefit after 3 months. You are allowed to claim up to £1,500 for this benefit.
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - MDO-AWS-788