What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based company to recruit a Networks & DevOps Engineer. This fast-growing organisation is developing digital infrastructure technology that, coupled with advanced analytics, will enable the renewable energy and electrical power sectors to improve the performance of their assets thanks to forefront, high-resolution data.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented DevOps to join a fast-moving team working to advance the state-of-the-art in electrical power system monitoring, analysis, and control.
In this role, you will hold primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of cloud infrastructure, including managing any updates and redesign to continually scale with the business’ needs. You will also be responsible for ensuring seamless networking operation of the client's proprietary high-performance electrical network instrumentation and its integration with the cloud environment as well as proposing and leading any hardware and cloud related changes.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Cloud monitoring, maintenance, and migration to AWS.
- Configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting cloud and local servers to interface with a large, distributed IoT sensor network.
- Provisioning and management of high reliability fielded hardware for unattended operation.
- Employing good CI/CD, network security and software review practices to support deployments.
- Cellular network troubleshooting and management of Starlink and LEO-satellite comms integration.
- Edge computing configuration, application, service containerisation and deployment.
- Working collegiately with internal, academic and industry team partners and collaborators.
- Documenting design development for technical and innovation purposes.
Reporting to: Head of Hardware Research and Development
Desired skills and experience include:
- 4+ years of experience administering and maintaining DevOps related tools (AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker, CI/CD with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform).
- Network Engineering experience working with Layer 2 protocols, Layer 3 networking with IP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP and MPLS.
- Experience with setup & management of unattended Linux installations.
- Experience with secure VPN provisioning and user/device management.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining multi-path, multi-method, secure data telemetry considered a plus.
- Experience with 3G/4G/5G cellular technologies.
- Professional AWS Certification or equivalent, and CCNA (CCNP desirable).
- Strong project management skills organised and methodical.
Salary and Benefits.
£72,000 to £92,000 DOE, generous leave allowance plus performance share options available to the right candidate.
The candidate should have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - NDO-AWS-803