What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a US (San Francisco) based profitable and fast-growing SaaS business in the business process software domain to recruit a Principal DevOps Engineer. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans.
This is a full-time, fully remote opportunity in the Pacific time zone, though an exception can be made for a great fit located elsewhere in the U.S. who is willing and able to work during Pacific time zone business hours.
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the US ARE NOT available.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate would have an interest in system administration and cloud computing management for a web service that serves more than 10+ Million users annually.
The key objectives of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Installing, maintaining and monitoring server-side operations and applications
- Maintaining and monitoring application/web servers performance and security
- Caring about security and keep our Linux servers up-to-date
- Setting up backups and database replications
- Managing Continuous Integration/Deployment System for our web app
- Providing support to our end users with related servers issues and writing documentation
- Writing cloud computing management scripts such as Amazon EC2, S3, CloudFront and Google Cloud
What Do You Need to Be Successful?
- BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or in a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in Linux system administration
- Experience in managing, maintaining and deploying PHP based applications at scale
- Experience or at least high understanding in Cloud computing, high availability and high performance
- Being able to demonstrate experience in the following areas: Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu and Debian) and Databases: MySQL, Redis, MongoDB and Web Servers: Nginx, PHP-FPM and Cloud Computing: Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud and Programming Languages : Bash scripting, PHP, Python and Go Lang and Puppet, Gearman
- Working experience with CI/CD and related tools like Git and Jenkins
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Experience in system design, sizing, provisioning and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Being familiar with high stress situations without losing passion or motivation
- Passion of learning and discovering new technologies
- Linux - Ubuntu & Debian
- Databases: MySQL, Redis, MongoDB
- Webservers: Nginx
- AWS Cloud
- CI/CD: Git or Jenkins
- Step 1 - Screening call with internal recruiter [15-20 mins]
- Step 2 - Panel Interview including technical discussion [2-hours]
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- Flexible remote work from anywhere in US (preferably in Pacific Time Zone)
- Generous market competitive total compensation package
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Additional company benefits include 10 vacation days per year, holidays, and office closure during the holiday season
- High-growth, paced environment with collaborative and unique team culture
- Professional Growth & Career Opportunities; The client supports your personal and professional development with ; Educational materials and expenses & Relevant conferences abroad to stay up to date with the latest industry trends & Online courses or coaching - and support you pursuing ones that you are passionate about!
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - SDO-AWS-902