What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based funded start-up in the paid media bidding and management space to recruit a remote Python Backend Engineer. This innovative, profitable hyperscale up has rapidly grown in the past 3 years to 80+ people and is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful entrepreneurs.
The position is available to be fully "remote". For the purposes of collaboration, successful candidates are expected to work in the CET time zone.
As a Python Backend Engineer at the client you will be primarily working alongside other Engineers (Backend, Data, Full Stack and Machine Learning), Data Scientists and Products Owners - to build the next generation of business services within our SaaS platform to fully manage advertisement campaigns for millions of products on Google Shopping.
Typical Day to Day Activities
Starting off the day you would normally have in mind what you want to achieve that day. The client’s engineering culture promotes 3 modes of operation i.e. Specifying, Building and Shipping.
Everything else that adds no value is ruthlessly stripped away e.g. meetings are kept to a minimum and on call standups we don't do.
Rather you post your goals everyday and you can also view everyone else's goals and provide input if you feel you have something to contribute and vice versa.
If you are speccing out work you might use our forum to raise some thoughts, or you might be on a project steering call to gather some direction. In any case, you’re in the driving seat and with help at hand you’ll soon have a clear idea of what needs to be done.
Some Common tasks:
- Work closely with our Product Lead and fellow engineers to research our business domain so to design and build backend python services our customers love.
- Relational database design and Query optimisation
- Writing Airflow and Kedro pipelines
- Integrating with internal and third party APIs
- Working to improve our CI/CD
- Build Grafana dashboards to give us visibility over key system processes
- Contribute to planning and project steering
- Write minimal yet meaningful documentation
- Working closely with our Data Scientists in Research to validate new ideas
Preferred Tooling Experience
- Apache Airflow 2.0
- Technical Challenge to be completed
- Technical Interview Video Call (2h Time boxed)
- Technical challenge discussion
- Technical knowledge discussion
- Organisational fit discussion
- Decision usually within 1-2 days after Interview Day
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- 20 days holiday + 8 UK Bank Holidays
- Company Wide Weekend Breaks
- Budget to spend on training and development
- Remote & Flexible Working
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - PYP-AWS-982