What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based funded start-up in the paid media bidding and management space to recruit a remote Python Data Engineer. This innovative, profitable hyperscale up has rapidly grown in the past 3 years to 80+ people and is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful entrepreneurs.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented Python Data Engineer to take a prominent role within the company's product development team for this hyperscale-up.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful engineer that loves to ship!
- You have a strong python background (2-4 years) and have worked confidently within teams delivering data driven systems.
- You are comfortable with designing and architecting ETL and data warehousing solutions.
- Working with a variety of data structures and algorithms, PostgreSQL and Airflow is also highly beneficial.
- You always aim to keep abreast with the almost super sonic speed the industry is moving at!
- You are able to give and take in discussions and make tactical decisions to reduce risk when delivering functionality, which is the primary measure of progress.
The position is available to be fully "remote" OR face-to-face at the client's development centre in Leeds, UK
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the UK ARE NOT available unfortunately
Non-UK based Successful candidates would be required to work +/- 2 hours of the UK time zone for optimal team communication and availability.
Remote-based successful candidates can be fully remote with no or optional visits to the Leeds headquarters.
- The quality of the client's data pipelines is of the utmost importance, they are the lifeblood to the algorithms and models they serve.
- You will be working closely with the client's Engineering team and PhD level researchers to identify, conceptualise, design and deliver these pipelines.
- Taking statistical and machine learning models from Data Science and implementing them for scale.
- Maintaining the integrity of our data lakes and data warehouses.
- Building and maintaining our APIs.
- There is a great range and scope of things you can get involved in and we can shape this together.
- Apache Airflow 2.0
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- The client doesn't follow any specific development methodology per say, and they pick and choose the parts from many methodologies that work for them - resulting in a highly lean environment.
- The client doesn't waste time doing anything that adds little or no value, they don't do “stand-ups” yet have many detailed and focused discussions throughout the day.
- The client has adopted the concept of "power hours" allowing focused time on your work.
- Focus on training and development.
- Minimal bureaucracy, autonomy and true flexible working.
- Company events for networking
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - PDE-DAT-789