What we're looking for
Our client is reimagining how digital publishers can use data to power their business, make better editorial decisions and increase operational efficiencies.
Our client is looking to hire a Python Data Engineer ($36K - $60K p.a.)
This is a fully remote position.
What You'll Do
You should enjoy problem-solving and have a curiosity to learn new skills and tackle unfamiliar problems. A core aspect of our client’s platform is building an automated analytics solution with ML/AI capabilities. As such, an interest in data or Machine Learning is highly valuable for the Data Engineer role.
- Develop data pipelines to the database and frontend application (via APIs).
- Extract patterns from large datasets using statistical analysis.
- Deploy algorithms that power our analytics and recommendations solutions (MLOps).
- We build models using text data, Google Trends, and Twitter APIs, etc.
- Support your colleagues through the design, contribution, and peer review code.
- Proficient in Programming with Python
- Understanding of Object Orientated Programming and You’re familiar with common software design principles (SOLID, DRY, etc...)
- knowledge of GitHub CI or another CI system
- knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes or similar systems
- Knowledge of Data Analysis with SQL and the PyData Stack (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, NLTK, etc)
- Degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, machine learning, or similar fields.
- Some experience or knowledge with Data Science and Machine Learning will be a plus
- Navigate the client’s tech stack: Python3, Redis, MySQL, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, AWS, Celery, Airflow among other technologies and frameworks
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with software engineers and data scientists to build a state-of-the-art ML analytics solution.
- Experience with AWS a plus.
- Opportunities to continue to learn through courses and workshops
- Flexible working environment and location
- 25 days’ holiday plus all UK bank holidays
- Full benefits
- Innovation days
- Technical Interview - Whiteboard/Discussion [60 mins]
- Culture Interview [45-60 mins]
Interviews will be done remotely via video conference
How to Apply
If this is something that resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title - PYP-ADO-129