What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based well-funded (Series B) and fast-growing events/music curation enterprise to recruit a Senior Python Backend Engineer for their development centre in Amsterdam. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans to double engineering headcount to triple digits. The company is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful VC firms.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful backend engineer who like to ship!
- You have 4-7+ years of backend Python experience and have worked confidently within teams delivering data driven systems.
- You have an eye for detail and are not afraid to delve deeper into systematic processes to understand how something is working.
- You take pride in delivering reliability whilst valuing your time, always striving to eliminate waste.
- You can give and take in discussions and make tactical decisions to reduce risk when delivering functionality, which is the primary measure of progress.
The position is available to be fully "remote" for Netherlands based candidates OR face-to-face at the client's development centre in Amsterdam, NL
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the Netherlands ARE NOT available unfortunately
Netherlands remote-based successful candidates can be fully remote with limited travel (company sponsored outings/activities)
First 12 months
- Working on our the client's booking engine to ensure the bookings model is fit for purpose and allows the client to operate their experiences in an efficient and scalable way.
- You’ll enable the client's internal systems to integrate with the services the team owns by creating intuitive, performant and well documented APIs
- Contribute to the team’s success by using Python 3.7, Django and Domain-Driven Design to build services and APIs
- Collaborate with product, design and other teams to gain sufficient business understanding to serve the needs of customers and colleagues and to support your team members in delivering solutions
- Balance the trade-offs of delivering sustainable code that provides an excellent customer experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Model good leadership behaviour by engaging in peer to peer feedback and code reviews to foster a healthy, collaborative engineering culture as measured by Spotify-style squad health checks
- Use test automation and agile practices to deliver features continuously to production, measured by feedback and daily releases going smoothly
- Be trusted with access to all of the client's production systems and improve the client's DevOps culture by participating in daily releases and technical customer support rota
- Step 1 - Call with Internal Recruiting [30 mins]
- Step 2 - Call with the hiring manager [30 mins]
- Step 3 - Take home assignment [60 mins]
- Step 4 - Final/Panel Interview [60 mins]
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- The client is results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
- Stock options
- Flexible schedule
- Office gym
- Work from home option
- 3-months paid paternity/maternity leave
- Business travel insurance
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Business phone use re-imbursement
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - BEN-PYP-852