What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based well-funded (Series B) and fast-growing events/music curation enterprise to recruit a Senior Python Backend Engineer. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans to double engineering headcount to triple digits. The company is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful VC firms.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful backend engineer who like to ship!
- You have 4-7+ years of backend Python experience and have worked confidently within teams delivering data driven systems.
- You have an eye for detail and are not afraid to delve deeper into systematic processes to understand how something is working.
- You take pride in delivering reliability whilst valuing your time, always striving to eliminate waste.
- You can give and take in discussions and make tactical decisions to reduce risk when delivering functionality, which is the primary measure of progress.
The position is available to be fully "remote" for UK based candidates OR face-to-face at the client's development centre in South East London, UK
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the UK ARE NOT available unfortunately
UK remote-based successful candidates can be fully remote with limited travel (company sponsored outings/activities)
First 12 months
- Working on our the client's booking engine to ensure the bookings model is fit for purpose and allows the client to operate their experiences in an efficient and scalable way.
- You’ll enable the client's internal systems to integrate with the services the team owns by creating intuitive, performant and well documented APIs
- Contribute to the team’s success by using Python 3.7, Django and Domain-Driven Design to build services and APIs
- Collaborate with product, design and other teams to gain sufficient business understanding to serve the needs of customers and colleagues and to support your team members in delivering solutions
- Balance the trade-offs of delivering sustainable code that provides an excellent customer experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Model good leadership behaviour by engaging in peer to peer feedback and code reviews to foster a healthy, collaborative engineering culture as measured by Spotify-style squad health checks
- Use test automation and agile practices to deliver features continuously to production, measured by feedback and daily releases going smoothly
- Be trusted with access to all of the client's production systems and improve the client's DevOps culture by participating in daily releases and technical customer support rota
- Step 1 - Call with Internal Recruiting [30 mins]
- Step 2 - Call with the hiring manager [30 mins]
- Step 3 - Technical Interview [60 mins]
- Step 4 - Final/Panel Interview [60 mins]
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- The client is results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
- Stock options
- Flexible schedule
- Office gym
- Work from home option
- 3-months paid paternity/maternity leave
- Business travel insurance
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Business phone use re-imbursement
- UK Pension - the client offers the statutory entitlement (5% contribution on your side, 3% on the client's side).
- Through 3rd party providers, any parents of children under 5 can access the client's Workplace Nursery scheme, which works through salary sacrifice. You can choose any approved nursery. If your monthly nursery fees are £1,000 you can save around £4,200 per year.
- Cycle scheme benefits - The client is part of Cycle scheme, which is an employee benefit that saves you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. You choose a package, hire it for an agreed length of time, then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. You pay nothing upfront and the payments are taken tax-free, monthly, efficiently from your salary. Permanent employees are eligible for this benefit after 3 months. You are allowed to claim up to £1,500 for this benefit.
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - BEN-PYP-813