What we're looking for
Our client is a leading SaaS company HQ’ed in the UK with development centres in UK, Netherlands and France. They are at the forefront of AI/ML driven e-commerce optimisation and count the leading retailers of the world as their clients.
Our client is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will work with the client’s team leadership to develop and maintain the Cloud SaaS platform, R&D and Ops components for which the team is currently responsible for. You will take part in achieving the client’s vision for cloud platform following infrastructure as code principles and using a modern toolset.
This is a hybrid role at our client’s office in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear. You would be expected to be in office 2-3 times per week.
This role does not offer visa sponsorships for overseas candidates to relocate to the UK.
What you will bring
- Develop cloud platform components following best practices in cloud and micro-services development and deployment
- Create and maintain automation of infrastructure and continuous integration jobs affected by their work
- Work towards migrating our services to Kubernetes
- Strive to achieve the best quality standards for our cloud platform and services we deploy
- Coach and guide other team members and contribute by knowledge sharing sessions with the immediate and other teams
- Take part in fulfilling the vision and roadmap of our cloud platform
- Collaborate with other functional teams
Qualifications and experience
- Proficient in infrastructure as code development standards, processes and tooling
- Experience in cloud-based solutions and system administration
- Good knowledge in at least one relevant programming/scripting language
- Proven expertise in modern technologies, platforms and frameworks
- Up to date modern technologies used in cloud platform and micro-services development
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Excellent career opportunities, in our fast-paced, growing organisation - the client will support you in your journey towards your next career move
- 25 days paid vacation, plus a day off for your birthday
- Make It Happen Day - a day off to do something meaningful for your personal or professional development, in celebration of one of our key values
- 2 paid volunteering/charity days per year
- Amazing office where we value a great working environment
- Tech and equipment of your choice
- Loads of communities to join within the company
- Walk and talks, we encourage fresh air!
- Regular meet ups and socials
- Recognition and reward
- Jenkins / Gitlab CI / Github
- Q+A cultural fit [30 minutes]
- Tech assessment + Review [2 + 1 hours]
- Call with Engineering Manager/CTO [optional - 30 mins]
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - SCE-AWS-277