What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a UK-based well-funded (Series B) and fast-growing travel curation enterprise to recruit a Senior DevOps Engineer for their development centre in Amsterdam. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans to double engineering headcount to triple digits. The company is financially backed and mentored by some of the world's most successful VC firms.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented DevOps to take a prominent role within the company's development team. The client describes "DevOps Engineer" as an expert in the processes, tooling, and ecosystem attached to cloud-first hosting - the client's ambition is to have everyone own their own systems in production and give them the best tools to do it, and the client needs your expertise to get them there.
The ideal candidate would be a resourceful DevOps engineer
- You have 4-7 years of DevOps experience and have worked confidently within teams delivering python (backend) and react/react-native (frontend) based data driven systems.
- You are comfortable using Python for backend/scripting related work.
- You are comfortable in the operations world (networking, DNS, security, Linux, IP stack etc) and can work with cloud technologies such as AWS, Circle CI and Terraform.
- You have an eye for detail and are not afraid to delve deeper into systematic processes to understand how something is working.
- You take pride in delivering reliability whilst valuing your time, always striving to eliminate waste.
- You can give and take in discussions and make tactical decisions to reduce risk when delivering functionality, which is the primary measure of progress.
The position is available to be fully "remote" for Netherlands based candidates OR face-to-face at the client's development centre in Amsterdam, NL
Visa sponsorships to relocate to the Netherlands ARE NOT available unfortunately
Netherlands remote-based successful candidates can be fully remote with limited travel (company sponsored outings/activities)
- Build an operational and production-focused culture by increasing the teams' focus on observability, resilience and proactive problem solving through education, process and tooling.
- Work within the client's Platform Engineering team as an infrastructure expert to shape and implement the next generation infrastructure for their platform as they migrate from Heroku to AWS
- Empower the client's cross-functional teams to deliver at pace by enhancing the developer experience and performance of their local development through tooling, CI and automated release process improvements
- Collaborate with the client's senior engineers to build a vision of how their process & tooling should evolve over time, bringing new & innovative practices that enable their teams to ship safely and independently.
- Support data Engineering team to build and improve their data pipelines and warehouse.
- Manage the backlog & planning of the DevOps function within the Platform Engineering team and mentor more junior members of that team.
- Circle CI
- Step 1 - Call with Internal Recruiting [30 mins]
- Step 2 - Call with the hiring manager [30 mins]
- Step 3 - Take home assessment [60-90 mins]
- Step 4 - Final/Panel Interview [60 mins]
Benefits & Work Environment
The environment the client can offer you:
- The client is results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
- Stock options
- Flexible schedule
- Office gym
- Work from home option
- 3-months paid paternity/maternity leave
- Business travel insurance
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Business phone use re-imbursement
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - SDO-AWS-851