What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a Netherlands-based global financial high frequency trading powerhouse to recruit a Senior DevOps Engineer. This exciting company is rapidly scaling infrastructure in line with their growth plans.
The position is available to be face-to-face at the client's development centre in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Visa sponsorship is available for the right candidate with a relocation package.
The ideal candidate should have work experience in systems engineering, preferably with prior exposure to financial markets and with proven working knowledge in the fields of Linux administration, orchestration and automation tools, systems hardware architecture.
As part of the infrastructure team, you will have the opportunity to interact and work closely with other systems and network engineers, traders, developers and technology vendors. You thrive on working in a high pace environment and on collaborating in cross-functional teams. The ability to clearly communicate - both verbally and written - technical concepts and challenges to both technical and non-technical stakeholders is a must.
The role comes with lots of flexibility and space for personal development and presents a great opportunity for those who aspire to learning new technical skills and widening their field of expertise. If you are enthusiastic about cutting edge technologies, proactive in your way of working, possess get-it-done attitude and feel comfortable taking ownership, we would like to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide continuity and stability to the client's production trading environment.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with various focus teams in the client's organization towards generating innovative and scalable solutions and finally implement those solutions to continuously enhance our systems and processes.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to the client's trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Qualifications in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or Technology. Previous experience within financial services preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux operating system.
- Experience with deploying, running and monitoring applications (Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is required)
- Excellent command of Python/Go/Bash scripting.
- DevOps focused mindset.
- Experience working with CI/CD systems
- Broad experience across MongoDB, MySQL, Java, and Puppet is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
- Python/Go/Bash Scripting
- CI/CD - Proprietary - but similar to other CI/CD tools
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - SDO-BAR-796