What we're looking for
You will have strong Linux administration skills and Windows administration awareness, experience with cloud and web technologies and good competence in the scripting languages required for system management. You will provide a lead for securing web sites and web services, including assistance with security related aspects of application development. A having database administration, particularly Microsoft, Oracle PostgreSQL, would be useful. The role also provides the opportunity to get involved in / propose, innovative solutions and development approaches to support our growing business.
Duties will include day-to-day support as part of the ISS team offering timely solutions to the wider business; project specific software development to support our trading group delivery; and development and implementation of more strategic IT solutions across the company.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience advising and creating cloud services architectures that would best fit a project's requirements, within DevOps framework and application lifecycle.
- Primarily Linux experience configuring, securing, monitoring and managing cloud services and internal virtual machines with particular focus on web sites and web services e.g. data driven websites commonly serving temporal/spatial data, modelling dashboards and Software as a Service (SaaS);
- experience assisting with performance analysis, compiling and debugging of single node & parallel applications & dependencies running on Linux operating systems or Windows;
- experience with effective management, administration and use of Linux High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters;
- SQL database administration capabilities and expertise;
- experience of development languages such as python, Fortran, C++ and SQL
- ability to support bid writing in relation to IT and software solutions;
- ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams;
How to Apply
Send your CV in Microsoft Word or PDF with subject line "DE-2709" to email@example.com