What we're looking for
We have been tasked by a leading German technology company in online gaming to recruit a Senior DevOps Engineer.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented DevOps to take a prominent role within the company's product development team.
The position is available to be in-person in the Hamburg area office of the client.
Visa sponsorship to relocate to Germany is available.
- Maintain the client's high availability production systems.
- Working on stability and scalability. On-call incidents are the exception, not the rule
- Analyse & optimize the client's high performance / high traffic systems on OS & application level
- Spear-head tooling efforts by prototyping, setting up, establishing, and fine-tuning new tools to improve performance and the client's dev life
- Maintain and improve the automated development processes and improve development workflows (Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Webpack, Fastlane, SauceLabs)
- Collaborate closely with the game development, community and product teams as well as the client's sister studios
- Broaden your knowledge and deepen your skills through conferences and training and share your learnings with the team afterwards
- Excellent skills in IT maintenance, database / network architecture, systems integration as well as automation and system administration (Debian, Linux)
- Experience with high load / high availability systems and load optimizations
- Experience with cloud systems (ideally Google Cloud) and connected management tools (i.e. Ansible / Kubernetes etc)
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art build systems, tech stacks and tool chains. Passion to extend your knowledge and try out new technologies
- Good skills in Java or other high level programming languages
- Experience in shipping, developing, and running at least one commercial product or game
- Ability to articulate and document technical designs clearly and analytically
Nice to have:
- Passion for video games
- Knowledge of multiplayer/PvP/online game development practices
- Familiarity with agile software development and scrum-based working environments
What the client offers
- Exchange of knowledge and close cooperation with competent colleagues in a highly motivated international team
- Short decision-making processes and a professional work environment
- You take responsibility in a fast-growing company
- Attractive location in Downtown Hamburg
- Family-friendly working hours with a great work-life Balance
- Personal development support with internal and external training
- Regular team and company events and creative breaks
- Individual language courses German and English
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
Interview Process with the client
- 1st step - Coding test at home
- 2nd step - Interview with peers + live coding
- 3rd step - Decision
- GCP - Google Cloud
How to Apply
If this is something that resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - SDO-AWS-811