What we're looking for
Our client, a SaaS company in the business of optimising paid media spending online, is looking for a Senior Python Data Engineer who will be contributing to building and maintaining a high-performance engineering culture. You will be given an environment where you will be challenged yet able to lean on your experience to deliver real tangible value.
The role is full-time and remote-based in Europe.
Our client is a strong proponent of async working - this means we have set up our working ways to accommodate for the fact that not everyone will be online when you need them. This means they don’t do on-call or in-person standups, rather they have a standup channel for engineers to post daily goals to. After reviewing these goals you can provide input to steer the ship and answer any questions. You might also arrange a quick huddle if you feel the project or discussion point warrants it. This makes for a very proactive culture, as each engineer is responsible to ensure they have what they need in good time in order for them to maximise their time and effort.
What we are looking for
- Practical knowledge and application of relational database design and query optimisation
- Able to write clean python code
- Experience of or desire to learn Apache Airflow
- Experience working with third party APIs to ingest data
- Experience working with and building our data lakes and/or data warehouses
- Master at breaking down complexity into smaller tasks and focusing on elements which bring value earlier
- Able to collaborate effectively with Data Scientists, Machine Learning and Software Engineers to build robust data pipelines.
- Write minimal yet meaningful documentation
- Always looking to use AWS serverless technologies first
- Online technical test, timeboxed to (45 mins)
- Get to know each other call with the CTO (40 mins)
- Technical Interview with our client’s Engineers (2 hours)
- 25 days holiday + 8 UK Bank Holidays
- Company-Wide Weekend Breaks
- Budget to spend on training and development
- Fully Remote & True Flexible Working
- Lean no-nonsense environment
- Supportive team
- Engineering and cloud-first culture
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title - BAI-SPY-504