What we're looking for
Our client, one of the top marketplaces in video and photography equipment with offices in UK, Germany and the US is looking to hire Site Reliability Engineer (£50K - £70K p.a.)
The role is based the client’s friendly head office in Brighton with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals. The client currently operates a hybrid working pattern to support days in the office alongside days working remotely
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you’ll be helping out with:
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- The client maintains all of the test and delivery pipelines that run their automated test suites, build deployable packages of the software, and eventually deploy that software without human interaction.
- This includes the client’s service which connects Github + Cloudbuild and manages their deployment environments.
- Quality Assurance and Test Automation
- The client maintains the functional tests that run browser based-interaction to simulate a user interacting with their applications to check their code is working as expected.
- Service Level Objective reporting and compliance
- The client maintains all of the monitoring and alerting that ensures their services are meeting key business objectives. The client builds manual processes and automated responses to these alerts.
- Virtual server infrastructure resource management and maintenance
- The client maintain the automation that describes the state of their static infrastructure and deploy changes / patch their servers.
You’d make a great start in the role if you have most of the following:
- An understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience programming and/or writing scripts, self-taught or otherwise
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure, Kubernetes etc.
- Strong understanding of computer networking
- Experience running Linux in a containerised environment and an understanding of containerisation
- Able to work to a high standard in an autonomous manner, whilst also contributing to success of the entire team
- Knowledge of the CI/CD processes and experience of using CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, GoCD etc)
- CI/CD - Jenkins/GoCD
- The client provides 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 4% employer contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare from your start date.
- Access to our Employee Awareness Pathway
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly deliveries of fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon social team
- Screening Call [15-mins]
- Technical Interview - Whiteboard/Discussion [45 mins]
- Lead Dev General Interview [45-60 mins]
If the interviews are in-person, then stage 2 & 3 can be combined in the interest of saving time
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with subject title - SRE-GCP-211