What we're looking for
We have been tasked by an innovative R&D driven enterprise headquartered in Berlin to recruit a Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/x). This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to take a prominent role within the company's product development team and help meaningfully change how healthcare works.
Our client helps scientific research teams on their quest for ground-breaking discoveries and in delivering agile, scalable high-quality products
The SRE shall have expertise in container orchestration and resilience engineering practices to join our client in their Berlin or Karlsruhe office. The client is growing fast and need support in their mission to enable a frictionless scalable development organization.
The position is available as an in-person option for residents for everyone except German residents. German residents can work remotely with limited travel to Berlin.
Visa sponsorship can be considered for the right candidate.
- Part of the client's Platform team, dedicated to providing shared services for their 3 Product engineering teams
- In charge of streamlining the client's products’ deployment process, both in the cloud (bi-weekly releases) and on-premise (quarterly releases). The first step of which would be to align processes across the different teams and formalize deployment strategy
- Support, monitor, and update the client's cloud infrastructure architecture, develop code solutions to automate core engineering workflows (TDD), review your peers’ work, and deploy releases to our supported environments
- Point of contact of the IT-admins of our customers with on-premise installation, and support them during initial installation and updates
- Mentor our product teams to grow DevOps practices such as deployment, monitoring, logging, performance, security, and reliability
- Bring your expertise to deepen DevOps knowledge in the company and distribute it across the team, taking part in daily stand-ups, iteration planning sessions, risk analysis meetings, team retrospectives, etc
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience working as a software engineer in an agile team (or similar) and supporting the deployment of cloud applications
- Valuable experience with at least one major cloud infrastructure provider (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.), one CI tool (e.g. CircleCI, Travis, etc.), one relational database (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, etc), Kubernetes and one scripting language (like python or bash)
- Solid understanding of OS-level concepts, experience in managing Linux servers, and deploying containers is a must
- Strong knowledge about networking, server security, common protocols, and stay updated with developments in the field
- Good communicator, not afraid of asking questions and eager to learn from others and look forward to working for a startup: you are ready to take ownership, work autonomously and grow together
- Comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English)
- Nice to have: Experience with infrastructure as a code, code coverage tools, log monitoring tools, AWS, managing Docker registries
- DevOps: GitHub, CircleCI, Bash, AWS (EC2, ECR, S3), Docker, Gradle, Kubernetes
- Back-End: Java 11, Spring, Hibernate, Ruby (RoR), Node.js, MySQL, Postgres, MinIO, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch
- mental help support
- 28 days of annual leave with all local bank holidays on top
- contribution to the monthly commuting pass (for staff in Berlin)
- optional pension plan
- Paid relocation support via relocation agency for non-German residents
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title - SRE-AWS-782