What we're looking for
Our client is a leader in providing cybersecurity technology and services to the defense and security market for three decades.
The client is looking to hire a Solutions Architect (SC Cleared).
The role will be home based with regular travel to customer sites within the UK (mostly South England).
This role does not offer visa sponsorship opportunities to overseas candidates.
The primary role of the Solutions Architect is to provide security technology consulting services to customers in defence, security, and commercial sectors. The Solutions architect may engage in a broad range of activities from helping a customer define and develop a solution to an immediate need to considering the strategic long-term exploitation of an emerging technology.
Depending on the engagement the Solutions Architect may work alone or as part of a larger team. When working as part of a team the Solutions Architect will take a leading role, shaping the solution and providing a primary contact point with the customer. The Solutions Architect will ensure customer’s needs are clearly articulated to the team as a whole and will take responsibility for smooth delivery of the project.
Whilst primarily concerned with project delivery the Solutions Architect will have a secondary role supporting business development and sales providing technical guidance into sales activity both for sales led by the client and working with partners or system integrators as part of a consortium.
- Be the programme technical task lead in new and existing work in order to deliver high quality customer solutions.
- Use business, industry, and technical knowledge to elicit customer business requirements, and define technical requirements.
- Design and document solutions architectures using the client’s proprietary framework, where applicable.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the client’s intellectual property and product portfolio to manage the design and development of solutions to customer’s business problems.
- Work with accreditors to understand their concerns and develop suitable architectures and strategies to address these within the scope of a project.
- Deliver high quality input into bids and proposals and interface with the implementation / project teams, articulating the customer requirement and proposed solution to ensure a smooth transition from sales to delivery.
- Evangelise the client’s services, products, technologies, and expertise externally, and develop networking relationships with customers and industry contacts.
- Experience in programme technical leadership.
- Formal systems architecture and modelling experience.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the defence / military arena.
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems.
- Awareness of project and programme management techniques and tools.
- Awareness of NCSC Guidance and Advice and its application.
- Awareness of MOD / NATO standards, approaches, and context.
- Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
How to Apply