What we're looking for
Our client, a SaaS company in the business of optimising paid media spending online, is looking for a Team Lead who will be contributing towards building and maintaining a high-performance engineering culture. You will be given an environment allowing you to use your experience and lead from the front whilst also being a key decision-maker in how to grow our client’s platform.
The role is full-time and remote-based in Europe.
Our client is a strong proponent of async working - this means we have set up our working ways to accommodate for the fact that not everyone will be online when you need them. This means they don’t do on-call or in-person standups, rather they have a standup channel for engineers to post daily goals. After reviewing these goals you can provide input to steer the ship and answer any questions. You might also arrange a quick huddle if you feel the project or discussion point warrants it. This makes for a very proactive culture, as each engineer is responsible to ensure they have what they need in good time in order for them to maximise their time and effort.
What we are looking for
- Deep understanding of AWS Compute, Storage, Container and Networking services.
- You are able to map out and delegate responsibilities to your direct reports, providing a challenging yet supportive environment.
- Able to deep dive into an AWS service and evaluate its usefulness for our client.
- You understand the benefits of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and are able to do so.
- You understand when to scale vertically and horizontally for maximum business value.
- You’re a master collaborator and able to work with all stakeholders, understanding their needs and offering solutions.
- You are mindful of AWS costs, always seeking to minimise cost and maximise benefit, even though this is not always possible the good intention is always there.
- You are able to write minimal yet meaningful documentation.
- You are able to mentor other engineers so they are able to grow to your heights of achievement.
- You have a strong understanding of the AWS and wider observability and alerting landscape.
- You handle incidents with care and attention to detail - ensuring we log and handle incidents mindfully, gather learnings so as to be better going forward.
- Online technical test, timeboxed to (45 mins)
- Get to know each other call with CTO (40 mins)
- Technical Interview with our client’s Engineers (2 hours)
- 25 days holiday + 8 UK Bank Holidays
- Company-Wide Weekend Breaks
- Budget to spend on training and development
- Fully Remote & True Flexible Working
- Lean no nonsense environment
- Supportive team
- Engineering and cloud-first culture
How to Apply
If this is something which resonates with your career growth and development path, do share your CV with us at email@example.com with the subject title - BAI-PLE-501