What we're looking for
Our client is a leader in providing cybersecurity technology and services to the defense and security market for three decades.
The client is looking to hire a Technical Consultant.
The role will be home based with regular travel to customer sites within the UK (mostly South England).
This role does not offer visa sponsorship opportunities to overseas candidates.
The main purpose of the role is to undertake project activities to deliver solutions to customers. To assist in the delivery of security technology consulting services to customers, including requirements capture, solution architectures, technology integration, interoperability testing and programme technical lead.
- Undertake customer project activities to deliver solutions, including planning, technology implementation, configuration, documentation, training and building support rigs.
- Understand the client’s technical product portfolio and maintain a good working knowledge to assist with the design and development of technical solutions to business problems.
- Undertake technical pre-sales engagements with appropriate customer.
- Assist with design and document solutions architectures using the client’s proprietary framework, where applicable, to maximise the benefit to the client.
- Undertake delivery of internal projects (Resource Requests) as required.
- Develop product training material, and other product artefacts needed for solution delivery.
- Build client appliances and standard product.
- Undertake Project / customer support activities.
- Support the business in marketing and pre-sales activities.
- Provide into the client’s processes as part of continual improvement.
- Provide support to the Solutions Architect and pre-sales team.
- Understanding of RedHat and Linux.
- Experience in programme technical leadership.
- Formal systems architecture and modelling experience.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the defence / military arena.
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems.
- Awareness of project and programme management techniques and tools.
- Awareness of NCSC Guidance and Advice and its application.
- Awareness of MOD / NATO standards, approaches, and context.
- Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
How to Apply